2017 was a very important year for me, but not just because it was the year I turned 30. The importance of this year was much greater. It was the year my life changed. On the day I turned 30, I felt that life hasn’t really begun for me until then. And then I knew that whatever would happen, I would be alright.
One year ago, on the 5h of August 2017, the most beautiful journey of my life begun: the journey to self-knowledge. I want to tell you what this journey meant to me and what changes it brought into my life, so that you can realize just how much your life can change in just one year, if you just set your heart on it.
I already went to Andy Szekely’s Self Mastery Bootcamp a year ago (and it was great), so I wanted to go to People Mastery also (Andy is a great trainer in Romania and his boot-camps are kind of like Tony Robbins live events). I just couldn’t imagine the impact it can have on my life, because in my mind this boot-camp was about my relationships with other people. But what I was going to discover is that this boot-camp was primarily about my relationship with myself! Two extraordinary things happened for me in this boot-camp: I realized what a disastrous relationship I had with myself (and learned how to change it – this is why I am saying that this was the first step for me) and I met the person who become both a mentor for me in this process and also my best friend (I consider her my soul sister).
Just yesterday I remembered how at the end of the first evening, before the facilitators introduced themselves, Andy told us to pay attention to each of them and set our intention about who we want to have as our facilitator. I didn’t imagine for a second that Andreea will be my guide since then, not just throughout the boot-camp. And I loved her from the first second we met in the facilitating group!
She was the one who helped me and taught me how to be aware of my thoughts so that I can change them. She was the one who helped me experience my first healing with the Theta Healing technique. That was the moment in which I knew that I could change my life and free myself from all the suffering and pain of the past. So I enrolled in classes and learned the technique so that I can use it whenever I wanted or needed, without depending on others. And that completely changed my life.
Throughout this time I have met so many beautiful people who are now part of my life and for whom I am deeply grateful. I remember that at the beginning of last year and a few years before I was sad because ALL my close friends moved from the country or from Bucharest and I felt so alone… But at my birthday party, looking at the over 40 loved ones who were next to me, I realized just how much things had changed. None of my best friends could be there, but I had so many loved ones together! This made me realize that things are nowhere near to how they were in the past and that I have so many wonderful people in my life, for whom I am very grateful!
Andreea was the one who recommended me to go to London at the Unleash The Power Within event by Tony Robbins. It was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made in my life! Every time someone asks me how it was and if it’s worth it, I tell them that this seminar changed my life. It’s very interesting that I can not even put my finger on what makes me say that, I just feel like I had a missing piece of the puzzle that just fell into place there. Which one was it, I really do not know, but I think it was a complexity of things, not just one aspect. But what I can say that helped me the most (even more than doing the firewalk – which has shown me that I can do anything in life!) is the fact that I decided to stop seeing myself as a victim! To regain control over my life! Maybe I can not always choose (at least not consciously) what’s going on in my life, but I can definitely choose how I see those things and how I react to them. And this has made all the difference in my life.
My perception on life and everything that has happened in my life has changed completely. I forgave myself and those whom I thought have wronged me. Now I know that we are never victims and that absolutely everything we are going trough is our choice (whether it is something we have chosen to live in this life, before we incarnated so that we could learn some lessons, or whether we attracted that situation in our life consciously or subconsciously). And this realization has helped me truly understand that I am the master of my destiny. Now I trust the Universe together with whom I co-create my reality and know that I am guided every moment. And I can tell you that this is the most beautiful feeling possible.
The fact that I have come to the point where I am aware of everything that I say and observe limiting beliefs or patterns of thinking as I speak, seems absolutely amazing to me. And when I miss them, or I’m in too deep to realize them alone, I have that friend who can not only tell what’s happening in my life and what I’m learning, but who highlights what I do not see and helps me grow with every conversation we have. For this and many other things, I am deeply grateful to her.
I could never imagine just how much my life can change in a year. From a victim who was wronged by life, I transformed into a winner fully aware of my power and fully responsible for everything that is happening in my life. I began to appreciate more and more the moments that I spend alone, especially in nature, where I recharge every time! I have significantly improved all the important relationships in my life and, one of the things I am most grateful for, I have built a very beautiful relationship with my grandmother, who has since left us. With each day that passes I am more authentic, and more so, I shine so much more! And this only gives the people in my life the opportunity to shine too.
So now I am telling you: if you want to make a change in your life, start today! One a year from now, you will only wish you had!
To sum it up, the most important lessons I have learned this year are:
- In order to be able to give love, you must love yourself first and foremost.
- Love changes and heals everything!
- Forgiveness is the most beautiful gift you can give yourself! Only by forgiving you can really heal the past and free your soul from suffering.
- Life doesn’t happen to us, it happens for us!
- Whatever happens to us (or for us) is a blessing (no matter how tragic the situation looks like, it has enormous benefits for us). After I realized this, I realized that I would not change absolutely anything that happened in my life. Because I who I am today thanks to the lessons learned and to the obstacles that I overcame.
- Everything that happens is perfect. It is exactly what should happen at this moment. We are exactly where we were supposed to be, even if we do not know that. And we can not see the benefits and the role of each situation other than by looking back.
- Gratitude can change our life. When we are grateful for what we have in our lives, we focus on good things and manifest even more good things in our lives.
- Our beliefs and thoughts create our reality. The thoughts you feed are those that materialize. Thought control is the most important skill to develop.
- Live today, live in the NOW! When you are present in your life, you do not have time to think about the past or the future.
- Do what you feel every moment! Trust that you are guided by the Universe and everything you do is taking you in the right direction.
- It is worth enjoying every moment and every blessing in our lives.
- It’s up to us to change our state.
- Whatever you don’t like at the person in front of you, also exists inside you to some extent. It goes also the other way: whatever it is that you admire in someone is also inside of you. You just have to see it. 😉
- All people are essentially good. With very few exceptions, no one is trying to harm anyone else. They are just trying to do something good for themselves.
Now, exactly one year after the first step in this direction, I celebrate progress and I am grateful to all those who have been and still are my guides on this journey. But most of all, I am grateful to myself! Because I had the courage and determination to do the work, to learn, to pay attention to everything I am going trough and I am thinking, and to fully enjoy every moment along the way!
Where do you want to be one year from now?